Test Development Engineer - Sky+/Sky Q
We're part of Europe's leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It's a genuine team effort. That's why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
We're always looking to improve, developing pioneering products and services that give every one of our customers experiences they'll love. And it's the work of our brilliant in-house Product Development and Technology teams that drive these award winning innovations, harnessing our creativity, technology and content.
As a valued employee of Sky, you'll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, t here's a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
Your key responsibilities:
• To keep up to date with the development of the various projects we support and the new features in the pipeline to ensure we can proactively support these new additions before their arrival
• Test automation/creation, development and rollout of new test tools needed by the department to meet the ever growing requirements of their testing roles and to enhance productivity
• Maintenance and enhancement of current test tools, including our Django based web portal
• Preparation of technical aspects of the STB test environment to ensure correct setup before the testing commences
• Ensuring all code bases are well maintained and version controlled
• Maintaining a high level of test environment uptime
• Maintenance, configuration and upgrading of all the equipment in our test environment, comprising of various networks, servers and underlying infrastructure
• Troubleshooting and resolving H/W and S/W issues on rack servers, including potential faults with satellite distribution systems
• Network administration duties
• Work with Test Leads to tackle any additional tasks
• Good knowledge of software test procedures
• Experience working within Automated Test Environments for embedded software
• Proven industry experience in test automation with object orientation languages. Such as: Python 2.7/3 development
• Previous experience in web development using Django and PHP in addition to supporting languages - desktop applications using Python GUI (PYQT & PYside)
• Good working MySQL/SQL knowledge
• Proficient in the usage of Issue / Defect Management Systems
• Skilled at configuring and working within Linux & Windows OS Environments
• Line management experience would be desirable
Happy to talk flexible working
It's our people that make Sky Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better