Production Line Manager
Production Line Manager (274317)
Req ID 274317 - Posted 08/30/2017 - United Kingdom - Sudbury - Siemens Healthineers - Manufacturing - not defined - Siemens Employee - Full time only
We are currently recruiting for a Production Line Manager to be based at our leading global manufacturing site. The role will be within a manufacturing team of approximately 130 people, leading a sub-team to support market growth. Within this position you will have opportunity to develop as an individual within and beyond the role. It is primarily a day based role but the site has operations across 6 days over 16 hours.
Our facility in Sudbury, Suffolk, develops and manufactures medical devices, used in the diagnosis, monitoring and management of medical conditions. The Sudbury organisation is pivotal to the success of the POC (Point Of Care) sector being the only place that manufactures and delivers these products on a worldwide basis.
What are my responsibilities?
- To operate as a Line Manager for a production area driving the production cells to ensure:
- Comply with safety standards and enhancing the production environment. To comply with and support the Health, Safety and Environment statements, policies and procedures as well as ensuring that all H&S audits are carried out accordingly as well as annual assessments. To investigate any EHS incident raised within the area to drive to a Zero Harm culture
- Lead the quality metrics - including first time pass prate, regulatory compliance, adherence to procedures
- Ensure production plans are adhered to - including labour resourcing, line efficiency,
- Manage production cells focusing on Quality and throughput with effective planning, of people, equipment and materials.
- Discuss with relevant engineering resources and the Quality group any issues that may impact through effective throughput of the area.
- The development of people and the performance of the teams including training, coaching, absence management.
- To supervise a team of staff working in the instrument production area. With responsibility for all day to day activities, PMP, training, development and disciplinary requirements
- Perform first line manager responsibilities for the cell working with other key departments including Quality, EHS and engineering.
- Lead Problem Solving within the area
- Driving & leading a Continuous Improvement approach
What do I need to qualify for this role?
Proven leadership skills, a strong organiser and motivator who is able to communicate effectively with your team, peer and senior Managers.
You will need to possess a positive attitude and display the ability to identify solutions to problems. These should be backed up with a close eye for detail and a determined and conscientious approach.
Experience in managing manual manufacturing processes is required and the ability to drive ownership within the teams.
We at Siemens Healthineers are committed to helping healthcare providers globally to succeed in today’s dynamic environment. We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers and ultimately the health of mankind.
While we are invested in engineering excellence – leading-edge medical technologies and services, we don’t stop there. We’re also deeply invested in our 46.000 people with the hearts of pioneers and minds of engineers, highly committed and connected in this industry. And as we strive to shape the future of healthcare, our overall success will depend on our ability to continuously reinvent ourselves.
In order to push the boundaries in our exciting and challenging industry, our shared sense of common purpose guides our decisions and day-to-day work. We work in a flexible and dynamic environment that allows for our own priorities. And while we respect each other’s individuality, we are proud of the high level of team spirit we share.
Siemens provides innovative solutions to help tackle the UK’s major challenges. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 13 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices. Today the company employs over 13,760 people in the UK, including about 5,000 in the manufacturing sector. Last year’s revenues were £3.36 billion. Electrification, automation and digitalization are the long-term growth fields of Siemens. In order to take full advantage of the market potential in these fields, our businesses are bundled into nine divisions and healthcare as a separately managed business.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
If you are appointed in to this role you will receive standard Siemens terms, conditions and benefits.