Senior Project Manager
Computacenter is Europe's leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services and solutions. An interesting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Project Manager who will be based in Hatfield's IS-Infrastructure Project Portfolio (IS-IPP) function. This Group function comprises of a small team of Project Managers across the UK (Hatfield) and Germany (Kerpen). The team is responsible for the delivery of all hardware and infrastructure projects for Group IS Operations, managing the full project life-cycle through project qualification, start-up & authorisation, to delivery and hand-over to Group IS Operations.
We are a global business with operations in many countries, ranging from Kuala Lumpur to the United States of America.
Typical projects delivered by the IS-IPP function include: WAN and LAN deployments and upgrades, IP telephony & TelePresence implementation, storage and server infrastructure design & implementations, and major Technology & Infrastructure implementations in support of key Group initiatives such as ERP systems and Disaster Recovery.
We need someone who can define, shape, lead and deliver transitional and/or transformational infrastructure projects of a large and/or strategic and/or complex nature. The Senior Project Manager will:
- Maintain all necessary IS Projects Portfolio engagement processes, procedures and document templates, and manage their correct usage along with mentoring and guiding team members and other subordinate project managers regarding best practice and specific IS-IPP processes and procedures
- Ensure each IS Portfolio Project is clearly defined in detail via a PID which is agreed with the relevant stakeholders and IS Management
- Decide on issue resolution and staffing along with manage project stakeholders and team
- Own the project plan and manage the project budget, schedule and scope
- Report status, risks, issues and conflicts into IS Portfolio Management
- Align with Design and Security Authorities on scope and sign off of products and manages IS project reporting and PMO activities
- Manage the effective and successful project handover into group Operations
In each of the above duties the following approach is required:
- To work effectively with their project team, their management, and the others stakeholders in Computacenter and the project. This must include effective communication, Computacenter sales teams and internal and external service providers to develop relationships
- Expected to mentor and develop staff assigned to their projects and provide significant leadership in assignments
- Expected to fully understand and where possible shape the commercials of the engagement
The Ideal Candidate
Given the seniority and impact of this role, we need you to have a range of skills and experiences, some of the key requirements are:
- Holds a project management qualification
- Experience in managing infrastructure transition or transformation projects
- Intimate knowledge of change management, risk management, setting up and initiating projects
- Evidence of being solely commercially responsible for high value, complex projects (Costs, charges, P&L)
- Literate (able to write credible documents) and numerate (confident with calculating costs and margins)
- Experience of running a number of large or complex infrastructure projects successfully
- Able to run Project Definition Workshops
- Has a technical appreciation
- Has the ability to be "hands on" if required
- Experienced in writing proposals
- Able to judge correct balance between flexibility and single-mindedness
- A good influencer
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers' businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers' global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is Europe's leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
Over 12,000 staff employed across the Group. 2016 adjusted profit before tax was GBP86.4 million. Revenues were GBP3.25 billion
Over 70% of Computacenter's Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.