Senior Manufacturing Engineer / Senior Engineer
Job Title: Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Welwyn Garden City
Salary: Competitive, dependant on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Reports To: Lean/Quality Manager
Our client is looking for someone to come in and define, update and organise work instructions, routings, tools and equipment for our manufacturing processes and ensure BOMs accurately reflect parts required as well as create and update the issue of material.
- All Manufacturing Processes
- Leading process improvement changes
- Manufacturing first lot of new products
- Continuous reliability of the machines.
- Guarantee that the system has all work instructions regarding Manufacturing
- Use disciplined approach to understand and define the problem (Qualitative and Quantitative)
- Define and implement containment and countermeasures, as well as actions to prevent the problem from happening again
- Use the information to spread the solution throughout the areas and products
- To work closely with product engineering to ensure production have everything set (rigs, tools, first working instructions etc) after the prototype and before the new product goes into production
- Liaise across departments to ensure achievement of the scope of the project
- Ensure that the shop floor (physical) is using all the materials that are defined on our BOM (System).
- Where there are discrepancies, work closely with product engineering to merge physical and system for the same materials
- Process Measurement : Determining bottleneck processes throughout company
- Attending to process breakdowns in efforts to protect customer delivery
- Layout analysis (using VSM, Process mapping, Spaghetti Diagrams)
- Create contingency plans for unreliable processes
- Create/maintain working instructions
- Train the workforce on the working instructions
TOOLS / JIGS
- Trace the availability of the machines, equipment, jigs & fixtures to create maintenance plans in conjunction with the maintenance department
- Define rights tools for each working station and ensure that they are available
Performance Measures - Targets set yearly
- Number of Lean events Led and Participated in
- Number of maintenance plans set
- Support the new lifts project and to lead decisions about process/tools/rigs to be used
- Make the manufacturing system work for us
- Must have in depth experience in Production/Manufacturing Engineering
- Must have experience and be able to fully read and understand Engineering Drawings
- Must have experience and be able to accurately use inspection measuring equipment
- Must be computer literate and conversant with MS office suite
- Change Champion: Challenge everything attitude and always question the status quo and lead projects to make changes.
- Team Player Skills: Support the activities within the area, and maintain supportive cross-functional relationships.
- Communication Skills: Ability to communicate at all levels using both verbal and written skills. Support and implement necessary communication strategy for the improvement and awareness of quality issues across all departments.
- Disciplined Problem Solving Approach: To us a disciplined problem solving approaches such (A3, 8-Step, PDCA, Ishikawa) to improve the processes.
- Experience of Process Analysis Tools: To know and use analysis tools (incl databases, excel pivot tables, data queries) during problem solving to help find the root cause.
- Lean Manufacturing Expert: To understand deeply the principles of Lean Manufacturing and how to use them for problem solving and process improvement
- Standard Work: Help company strive towards Standard Work by removing process variability and improving output predictability
- Safety and Efficiency: To critique all processes to become safer, smoother, easier, faster and more predictable
- Result Focused: Setting and Meeting KPI's, Defining goals for next year with monthly follow up.
- Be Proactive and Self-motivated
- Project managing skills
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Manufacturing Engineer, Industrial Engineer, Production Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, AutoCAD, Solidworks, Planning Engineer, Assembly Engineer, Senior Engineer, Senior Manufacturing Engineer will also be considered for this role.